Founded in 2011, “Isabelli Media Relations (IMR) is a Chicago-based boutique agency providing expert communications services for the travel, restaurant and lifestyle industries.” In addition to Chicago, the agency represents clients in Charleston, SC; Memphis, TN; San Francisco; Huntington Beach, CA; and Connecticut.
Janet Isabelli Wilkerson is CEO and founder of Isabelli Media Relations. Isabelli Wilkerson’s role as CEO involves overseeing all aspects of the business while providing strategic guidance to their clients, their executive team and their account representatives. She has worked in travel and restaurant public relations for nearly 17 years, and from day one, she fell in love with the industry and the wonderful people who choose to make hospitality their life’s work.
Isabelli Wilkerson shares her marketing expertise with small business owners.
What are the top five things small business can do to be successful in terms of marketing?
I always encourage business owners to think about marketing with 360-degree perspective. All components of a marketing campaign, PR included, should work in concert with one another to maximize awareness and revenue potential.
- Identify a concise brand message that will resonate emotionally with your customers, and carry that message through every aspect of your business, which is often easier said than done.
- Use an expert PR team to engage the press, and use storytelling for your brand in a strategic, creative way that will continually garner third-party editorial exposure, which is worth its weight in gold!
- Utilize social media to its fullest, not only to promote your business, but also to create a sense of community for those who have opted to follow your channels.
- Participate. Research relevant, external events that your team can be part of, or forge events hosted by your own company that will introduce potential partners and customers to your business.
- Share results with your associates. There’s no better way to foster team spirit than by sharing a positive news article or customer review!
This article was written by Michelle Guilbeau for Small Business Pulse
For more tips and inspiration for small business owners, visit Small Business Pulse Chicago.